Pan Seared Tilapia w/ Almond Browned Butter
How to Make Pan Seared Tilapia w/ Almond Browned Butter
- In a large sauce pan place enough salted water for cooking the snow pea pods. Bring the water to boiling and add pea pods.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, season one side of the fish with salt and pepper; sprinkle with flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil and tilt pan to coat with oil. Return pan to heat and add fish with floured side up.
- Cook fish for 4 to 5 minutes until it is easy to remove with a spatula.
- Gently turn fish and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork or is golden brown.
- Arrange peas on a serving platter and place fish on top of peas. (I arranged 4 serving plates instead of serving platter)and served roasted potatoes as a side dish.
- In the same skillet reduce heat to medium and add butter.
- When butter begins to melt, stir in almonds.
- Cook for 30 to 60 seconds or until butter is melted and nuts are lightly toasted (don't let the butter burn).
- Spoon butter mixture over fish fillets. Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve hot.