Pam's Albacore and Artichoke Sandwich Filling
- 2 can(s)
- albacore tuna packed in water, drained well
- 1 can(s)
- artichoke hearts, canned, heart and tender leaves chopped, discard tough outer leaves
- 1 or 2
- celery stalks, chopped fairly fine
- 1 Tbsp
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- bread and butter pickles, about 6 or 8 slices, chopped fine
- 1/4 to 1/3 c
- 1 or 2 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Pam's Albacore and Artichoke Sandwich Filling
- 1Place drained tuna in a medium bowl, break up into nice large pieces and add all other prepared ingredients. Stir together gently to avoid breaking up the tuna too much and making it mushy. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- 2Serve as a main dish salad or in a sandwich with crispy lettuce.
I used Oroweat Pocket breads, but you could use tortillas for wraps, nice bread rolls, or even hamburger buns. This would make a good tuna melt on a bun with some American cheese broiled on top.