Oysters and Artichoke Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 pkg
- artichoke hearts, frozen
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms, sauteed in butter
- 1 qt
- oysters, large
- 1/4 lb
- chicken, whole but cut up
- 1/2 c
- parsley, fresh minced
- 1/2 c
- flour, browned
- white wine, dry
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- lemon, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Oysters and Artichoke Casserole
- 1Cook artichoke hearts as directed on package; place in a flat, buttered casserole and cover with sauteed mushrooms.
- 2Cook oysters in their liquid until edges begin to curl; drain thoroughly in colander, reserving liquid.
- 3Melt butter and saute onion until tender; add parsley and cook a minute.
- 4Add flour, stirring until smooth, then add enough white wine to oyster liquid to make 1 1/2 cups.
- 5Add seasonings and stir constantly until thick, then add oysters and spoon mixture over artichokes and mushrooms.
- 6Arrange lemon slices over top; add a pinch or two of paprika and bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes or until bubbling.