☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbopakapaka, cut into 4 pieces (pink snapper)
1 Tbspolive oil
1 cwhite wine
1 Tbsplemon juice
4 Tbspcold butter, cut into chunks
1/4 cgreen grapes, halved lengthwise
2 Tbspflat leaf parsley, chopped
How to Make Opakapaka with Green Grapes
- Lightly flour fish on both sides.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- When butter foams, add fish to pan.
- Sauté 3 to 4 minutes on one side and turn; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes until done.
- Remove fish from pan; pour out excess butter.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and lemon juice; reduce liquid by half.
- Add 3 tablespoons chunked butter; swirl into sauce.
- Add more cold butter as needed until saucy.
- Add grapes, then parsley, and pour the sauce over the fish.
You can vary the sauce by substituting almonds or macadamia nuts for the grapes. Simply toast 1/4 cup slivered almonds or chopped Macadamia nuts in a 350F oven for about 10 minutes. Add the nuts to the sauce before serving.