My Fish Fry Secret
At a bbq, a friend had made her famous shrimp. After a box of wine, she gave up two of the ingredients in her secret recipe - butter and mustard.
So I concocted a quasi-recipe as a marinade, but it was very thick, so I threw some flour on it and fried it. Amazing!
How to Make My Fish Fry Secret
- 1Grab two containers for dipping and dredging
- 2In one goes the flour, the other goes the melted butter, mustard, and seasoning
- 3The measurements are more like guidelines. The "batter" should be tangy and a bit salty. It will mellow when cooked and will have a subtle mustard flavor.
- 4Prep your frying pan and your fish. I prefer a large "nugget" size. They cook faster and more evenly, and are fun finger food.
- 5Dip the fish pieces into the batter, getting a good thick coat.
- 6Dredge through the flour. I like to pat it in, making sure everything sticks.
- 7Place into your heated pan and fry till golden, then flip over and repeat. Don't over crowd the pan!
- 8Place on a rack to drain excess oil.