My favorite Tuna Casserole
1/4 cfinely chopped onion (too much onion is overwhelming)
1 Tbspgreen onion (if you like it)
2 Tbspfinely chopped celery
1/2 pkgfrozen peas (optional)
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup (secret ingredient)
1/4 csmall cubed carrots (optional)
1 cmozzerella cheese
1 pkgwide egg noodles
How to Make My favorite Tuna Casserole
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees. You don't want it too hot, as it might burn food. Also, you might want to spray the sides of baking dish with cooking spray, as the cheese sometimes sticks to pan. Your choice.
- In a large bowl, combine Tuna, Mayo, onions, green onions, celery and carrots together, toss.
- Slowly add Cream Of Chicken soup, one can at a time. Slowly mix.
- Cook wide egg noodles according to package directions (7 to 8 minutes in hot, salty water)drain and slowly mix hot noodles into tuna and veggie mix. Add Mozzarella cheese. Add extra sharp cheddar cheese (Monterey Jack cheese is good too), mix well. Put a layer of cheese (your choice, Mozzarella or Monterey Jack is best, as it doesn't burn).
- Cook in oven at 360 degrees until cheese is nice and melted. Let stand for a few minutes.
- **You can variate this recipe with whatever spices you like. Sometimes I add peas, but I found I like it better without.