Mexican Tuna Croquettes
Check out the blog: www.grannysdelights.info for more recipes.
- corn tortilla chips (abut half a bag - 7 oz)
- cans or pouches white albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 - 3/4 c
- salsa or picante sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- cilantro, fresh, minced
- 1 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground red pepper
- 2 - 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Mexican Tuna Croquettes
- 1Whiz corn tortilla chips in a food processor until finely ground (almost flour-like) - you need about 1 1/2 cups.
- 2In a large bowl, mix tuna, salsa, cilantro, garlic, and eggs together.
- 3Blend seasonings and ground corn chips together and mix about 1/3 mixture into tuna mixture. Reserve remaining crumbs for the coating.
- 4Let stand for about 10 minutes for flavors to mingle and crumbs to absorb some of the moisture.
- 5Form into 8-10 balls, coat in remaining tortilla crumbs and set aside. (The tuna balls are easier to work with.)
- 6Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place balls into skillet, and flatten into patties. Fry each patty about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- 7Garnish with salsa, sour cream, sliced black olives and cilantro