Mexican Ceviche (Ceviche Mexicano)
- 4 large
- fish fillets such as snapper, grouper, flounder, sea bass, any firm white fleshed fish that is non oily. cut in small bite sized pieces
- 1 large
- red or purple onion diced small
- 2 medium
- jalapenos, fresh seeded and de-veined diced fine
- 2 large
- red ripe but firm tomatos diced small
- 1/2 c
- fresh cilantro diced
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 c
- fresh lemon/lime juice. use a combination of lemons and limes. make sure your cevice is covered with the lemon juice.
- 1/2 can(s)
- green giant niblets corn, or vacum packed corn.
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
How to Make Mexican Ceviche (Ceviche Mexicano)
- 1Have the fish market give you 4 fresh firm white fleshed fillets that have no bones. Cut in bite sized pieces. place into a glass or ceramic bowl. Do not use a metal bowl and avoid metal untencils if possible. Use a wooden spoon or fork to mix ceviche.
- 2put all the diced veggies, onion, jalapenos, tomato, cilantro, and corn in the bowl with the raw fish. Add the salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Pour the mixture of fresh lemon and lime juice over all the fish and veggies. With the wooden spoon mix everything very well being carful not to break up the tomatos. Add a little more salt. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least four hours. Better if left in the juice over night. Serve on top of fresh lettuce leaf with crackers. I usually boil two or three sweet potatoes after potatoes have cooked. I peel and slice and refrigerate and serve alongside the ceviche or serve with avacado slices. Enjoy