Marsha's Best Boiled Shrimp
We cooked them this way at the restaurant to be served in Shrimp Cocktails. Today I cook them with this Method for any recipe that calls for cooked shrimp.
- lemon cut in half, juice squeezed into water
- black peppercorns, whole, in cheesecloth sachet
- stalks celery with tops, broken to fit in pot
- onion, cut in half, leave skin on
How to Make Marsha's Best Boiled Shrimp
- 1Fill a large kettle with water and the first 4 ingredients. When it comes to a full rolling boil add shrimp.
- 2The moment they turn pink remove kettle from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and remove shrimp and discard remainder.
- 3Chill shrimp if using for shrimp cocktails, salads etc. or serve immediately while hot with melted butter.
- 4Shrimp may be boiled with shells on, tails only or completely naked depending on how they are to be used.
- 5The method is the same for whatever amount of shrimp you are going to be cooked. Just don't let shrimp boil or they will be rubbery and tough.