Blue Ribbon Recipe
A delicious glaze recipe for a variety of dishes! We've tried it both on salmon and chicken, and were thrilled with the results. The Test Kitchen
- 1 c
- pure maple syrup (i use mrs. buttersworth)
- 2 Tbsp
- finely grated peeled fresh gingerroot (i use 1 tablespoon chopped ginger out of jar)
- juice of lemon ( i use 4 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 1/2 lb
- center cut salmon fillet with skin, pinbones removed and sliced into 3 inch fillets
- salt and peper, to taste
How to Make Maple-Glazed Salmon
- 1In a small heavy saucepan, simmer maple syrup, ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce, and garlic until reduced to about 1 cup, around 30 minutes and let cool.(Maple glaze may be made up to 2 days ahead and chilled, covered. Bring maple glaze to room temperature before proceeding.)
The house is going to smell so good.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly oil a shallow baking pan large enough to hold salmon.
Reserve 1/2 cup of glaze.
Place salmon skin side down and brush with glaze.
Season Salmon with salt and pepper if needed.
Bake in middle of oven until just cooked through, about 20 minutes. (Baste with more glaze during baking)
Heat reserve glaze over low heat to use as a sauce. Keep glaze warm, covered.
Serve with sliced lemon and glaze.