Maine Clam Cakes
How to Make Maine Clam Cakes
- Mix the clams and the cracker crumbs together. If you don't have fresh chopped clams available in your area, you can used canned clams to equal one pint.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Let stand for a few minutes so the crumbs absorb the liquid. The mixute should hold together and be moist.
- Fry in butter in a frypan, by dropping in large spoonfuls. Press down with the back of a spoon to make the cakes about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Turn the cake over when brown on the bottom and brown the other side. Put them on paper towels and service with ketchup and tarter sauce.