Macadamia nut crusted Mahi-Mahi
46 oz. fish fillets, approximately 1/2-inch thick
·sea or kosher salt and fresh-ground pepper
·olive oil for frying
1/4 cmacadamia nuts, crushed
1/4 cplain white bread crumbs
1 tsporange zest
1 tsplime zest
1 tspgarlic, minced
1 tspchives, minced
1 tspbasil, chopped
How to Make Macadamia nut crusted Mahi-Mahi
- Firmly press the flesh side of each filet into the crust mixture, until evenly crusted.
- Season both sides of the fish fillets with the sea or kosher salt, and fresh-ground pepper.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Dip the flesh side of each fillet into the egg mixture — not the skin side.
- In a large pan, add about 1/4 inch of olive oil and heat to medium-hot.
- Saute the fillets, crust side down, until they are golden brown and the crust is firmly set, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and saute the skin side for approximately 1 minute.
- Remove the fillets from the pan, pat off any excess oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 3-4 minutes, until fish is just cooked through.
- Serve with papaya salsa or your favorite sauce.