Luby's Fried Fish and Tartar Sauce
included. So I used the same coating they use for their fried shrimp & it came out great. The tartar sauce recipe was in their newest cookbook & a must have with this fish. :)
2 1/3 cfinely crush saltine crackers
6+cod pieces (i use kroger brand)
1/4 cfinely minced yellow onions
1/4 cfinely minced fresh parsley, stems removed
1/2 cdill pickle relish, drained
How to Make Luby's Fried Fish and Tartar Sauce
- Place flour in a bowl and place crackers in another
bowl. (Make sure bowls are big enough so you have enough space to coat fish)
- In medium bowl, wisk together buttermilk, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Coat fish pieces with flour, shaking off excess. Dip into buttermilk mixture, then crackers, coating evenly and pressing crackers firmly onto fish.
- Deep fry in oil (350-365) till done & gold brown.
- For tartar sauce: In a medium bowl mix onions, parsley and relish. Using a rubber spatula, fold together mayonnaise and the onion mixure. Refridgerate to chill before serving.
- I always make the tartar sauce ahead of time so the flavors can blend.