Low Carb Tuna Fill-me-up
I am single, I live alone (happily) and this is day 4 of my 3-day carb fast. LOL The "eating machine" was on and I needed to turn it off so I dropped out all starchy white carbs including sugar (except for xylitol gum) for three days which is how long it takes to turn off the carb binge cravings. Today I remembered my favorite fill-me-so-full I don't eat for hours meal. Here it is, if you are interested!! Oh and BTW over the last 4 days I've come down about 5 pounds. Way to go!!
- 1 can(s)
- starkist low sodium tuna (it is only tuna and water)
- 1/2 c
- walnuts (chopped if you like)
- 1/4 c
- whole almonds (chopped if you like)
- hard boiled eggs (cross cut on egg slicer)
- 2 or 3 Tbsp
- hellmans' mayo (or your favorite dressing)
- to taste
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, dried parsley -- and don't forget the curry powder!
How to Make Low Carb Tuna Fill-me-up
- 1Mix all the ingredients and enjoy!! Or use it to stuff celery, bell peppers (any color) or just eat it plain like I do most of the time. This is great on a bed of lettuce, too. Also: I find I like to sprinkle a little extra curry powder on top to up the flavor anti.
- 2I swear to you, if I eat this, I won't eat again for a very long time. Many hours. So if you need to prepare for a long day with no breaks this will fill you to dinner time with no problems. At least it does for me!!
- 3If you are not into "low carb" you can eat it with crackers or make a sandwich, but for me, I just eat it low carb
- 4You can add anything you like to it also, but that will just make more to eat and this will fill you up all by itself! Optional add-ins: chopped celery, chopped pickle, whatever you like!
- 5I like to use my egg slicer to "chop" eggs. I place it on the slicer and slice, then, holding it together, give it a quarter turn and slice it again. It comes out with many tiny little bits of egg sliced way better and more uniformly than I am patient enough to do and it only takes two quick swipes!! I immediately rinse the egg slicer because that is the moment it is easiest to clean -- before any teensy bits of egg white get stuck to the wires.
About Low Carb Tuna Fill-me-up
You May Also Like:
Show 25 Comments & Reviews