Low Carb Tuna Fill-me-up
1 can(s)starkist low sodium tuna (it is only tuna and water)
1/2 cwalnuts (chopped if you like)
1/4 cwhole almonds (chopped if you like)
2hard boiled eggs (cross cut on egg slicer)
2 or 3 Tbsphellmans' mayo (or your favorite dressing)
to tastesalt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, dried parsley -- and don't forget the curry powder!
How to Make Low Carb Tuna Fill-me-up
- Mix all the ingredients and enjoy!! Or use it to stuff celery, bell peppers (any color) or just eat it plain like I do most of the time. This is great on a bed of lettuce, too. Also: I find I like to sprinkle a little extra curry powder on top to up the flavor anti.
- I swear to you, if I eat this, I won't eat again for a very long time. Many hours. So if you need to prepare for a long day with no breaks this will fill you to dinner time with no problems. At least it does for me!!
- If you are not into "low carb" you can eat it with crackers or make a sandwich, but for me, I just eat it low carb
- You can add anything you like to it also, but that will just make more to eat and this will fill you up all by itself! Optional add-ins: chopped celery, chopped pickle, whatever you like!
- I like to use my egg slicer to "chop" eggs. I place it on the slicer and slice, then, holding it together, give it a quarter turn and slice it again. It comes out with many tiny little bits of egg sliced way better and more uniformly than I am patient enough to do and it only takes two quick swipes!! I immediately rinse the egg slicer because that is the moment it is easiest to clean -- before any teensy bits of egg white get stuck to the wires.