How to Make Lobster Stew
- Steam the lobsters.
- Remove the meat from the shell. Cover and cool.
- Melt the butter in an enameled cast iron saucepan or a flame-ware saucepan. Add the lobster meat and simmer over low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the milk and stir most of the time until hot.
- Add the cream and keep stirring. When hot, simmer for a few minutes, but do not boil. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours before serving to develop the full flavor of the lobster.
- Reheat without boiling, and just before serving, season to taste with salt and pepper.