☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 c
- coarsely chopped yellow onions
- 2 tsp
- chopped garlic
- 2 lb
- roma tomatoes, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 c
- cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz
- linguica sausage, chopped finely
- 2/3 c
- fine dried bread crumbs
- redfish fillets, 6-oz each
- 1 Tbsp
- emeril's original essence
How to Make Linguica Crusted Redfish with Portuguse Sauce
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook while stirring, until the onions are golden, approx 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes and olives and cook, while stirring, until the sauce thickens, approx 25 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Keep warm until it's ready to serve.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cook the linguica in a large skillet over medium heat, while stirring, for about 3 mintues. Add the bread crumbs and mix to bind sausage.
- 3Season the fish with the Essence. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet, over high heat. Add the fish and sear until they are slightly golden, approx. 1-2 minutes on each side. Carefully drain off any excess oil. Put an equal portion of the linguica mixture on top of each fish fillet. Bake for about 5 minutes.
- 4Arrange the fillets onto 8 serving plates. Spoon the suace over each.