Lad's Fish and Chips
- 2 liters vegetable oil
- 2 lbs russet potatoes,peeled and cut into chips
- 1 c flour
- 1 c beer
- 2 egg whites,beat to soft peaks
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb cod or haddock
- 1 heaping tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid hot sauce
How to Make Lad's Fish and Chips
- 1Pour the oil into a deep pan or fryer, heat to 300 degrees. Blanch the potatoes in the oil until soft, about 4 minutes. Remove and drain.
Mix together the flour,mustard, hot sauce and beer, then fold in the egg whites. Turn up the heat of the oil to 350 degrees. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Dip the fish in the batter and fry until golden brown and crispy with the chips. Serve with additional hot sauce,homemade tartar sauce and vinegar.