KING SALMON CHOWDER--BONNIE'S
Photo is my own, recipe by trappers creek.
- strips of uncooked bacon, cut into one inch pieces.
- onions minced
- stalks of celery minced
- carrots, finely chopped
- green onions, finely chopped
- of a bunch fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- chopped dill weed
- 6 c
- chicken stock
- red potatoes, diced
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 5 c
- milk (some cream may be added for richer taste)
- 15 oz can of corn, drained
- 1 lb
- king salmon filets, diced 1/2 inch pieces.
- wedges of lemon
How to Make KING SALMON CHOWDER--BONNIE'S
- 1Cook's Tip: You may use a couple of cups of heavy cream to replace 2 cups of the milk called for in the recipe if you would like a creamier taste.
- 2Saute bacon in a large soup pot until done, but not hard. Remove bacon and set aside. Add and saute onions, celery, carrots, parsley and green onions, then add pepper, dill, chicken stock and potatoes. Simmer until tender. 30 to 40 minutes.
- 3In a small saucepan, melt the butter until bubbly, add the flour, cook 1 to 2 minutes, Stir into the soup and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Add cooked bacon, corn and salmon. Cook, stirring at a gentle boil until salmon is done, about 15 minutes. Ladle into bowls with lemon wedges to squeeze if desired. Bring out the crusty bread and butter. Serves 8. Enjoy!