Italian Seafood Sauce
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 1 lb
- raw medium shrimp
- 2 dozen
- littleneck clams
- 1 lb
- bay scallops
- lobster tail or 2 crab legs
- cod fillets
- tilapia fillets (melts into the sauce and gives it a rich full flavor).
- 2 28-oz can(s)
- crushed tomatoes
- 1 28-oz can(s)
- tomato puree
- 1 small can(s)
- tomato paste
- vidalia onion, diced for a touch of sweetness
- 2 clove
- garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- good seasons italian dressing mix (takes away the strong fishy taste without taking away from the flavor)
- 1/2 c
- red wine
- pinch basil, thyme and oregano
- pinch black pepper
- 2 turns extra virgin olive oil to coat pan
How to Make Italian Seafood Sauce
- 1In large sauce pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil as directed.
- 2Add diced onions and swirl them around for a minute or two.
- 3Add diced garlic and cook until tender.
- 4Pour in wine and let cook down about 2 minutes or so.
- 5Add tomato paste and stir together until paste thins a bit.
- 6Add tomatoes and puree.
- 7Stir in herbs and salad dressing mix. Stir and cook for about 35 to 40 minutes over low heat.
- 8Clean clams, peel and devein shrimp.
- 9Now, add the cod and scallops. Then, add shrimp, lobster or crab legs and cook 5 minutes. Add the tilapia and clams, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes on very low heat.
- 10Serve over linguini.