Indian Curry Shrimp
2 Tbspcorn oil
3 Tbspcurry powder
1 Tbspsugar-white or brown
1-16 ozcan of coconut milk
2fresh cloves garlic-minced
1/4 tspginger powder
1 smallonion-thinly sliced
1-4 ozcan chopped green chilies
1 largetomato-seeded and chopped
1 1/2 lbsmall shrimp-peeled and deviened
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Indian Curry Shrimp
- Mix the oil, curry powder, garlic, ginger and onion in a glass mixing bowl and create some sort of a paste.
- Over medium heat put a 5 quart pan or just a large sauté pan and heat the condiment paste just until fragrant 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped green chilies, the coconut milk, the sugar and stir to mix and dissolve the paste stirring in a slow rolling boil. (Taste the sauce to adjust flavors according to your personal taste).
- Bring in the tomatoes. Stir to coat well all the ingredients with the curry sauce.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in the shrimp and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with plain white basmati or brown rice, yellow cardamom rice is another good option too.