Honey Sesame Shrimp1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 call purpose flour
1egg, slightly beaten
1 lbshrimp, peeled and deveined
·oil, for frying
1 Tbspsesame oil
1 Tbspsesame seeds
How to Make Honey Sesame Shrimp
- Sift flour and salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Make a well in the center, add egg and water, and gradually mix in the flour; beat to a smooth batter and set aside for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp in cornstarch and coat well; shake off any excess cornstarch.
- Add shrimp to batter and coat well.
- Heat oil in wok and add shrimp, a few at a time; cook until batter is golden.
- Remove shrimp, drain on paper towels, and keep warm; repeat until all shrimp have been fried.
- Carefully remove hot oil from wok.
- Gently heat sesame oil in pan; add honey and stir until mixed well and heat through.
- Add shrimp to mixture and toss well.
- Sprinkle over sesame seeds and again toss well.
- Serve immediately.