☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cmacadamia nuts
2 8-ozmahi mahi filets, skinned
1/2 tspvegetable oil
1 cfresh pineapple, diced
1/2 cunsweetened pineapple juice
1/4 cfresh lime juice
2 Tbspgreen onions, finely chopped
1 tspfinely chopped jalapeno pepper
How to Make Honey-Macadamia Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple Relish
- In a small bowl, combine all the relish ingredients.
- Mix well. (The relish will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 8 hours.)
- TO PREPARE MAHI-MAHI:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a grill.
- Toast macadamia nuts in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Finely chop and set aside.
- Rub fillets with oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- When the fire is medium-hot, put the fillets on the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side.
- Turn the fish over and cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- As the second side is cooking, brush the exposed side lightly with
honey and sprinkle with half of the nuts.
- Turn the fillets over again and cook for 1 minute, meanwhile coating the second side with the remaining honey and nuts.
- Turn once again and cook 1 minute, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the fillets from the grill.
- Cut each fillet into 2 portions and serve, accompanied by Pineapple Relish.