Heavenly Mushrooms Stuffed with Crab Meat
Blue Ribbon Recipe
If you love seafood, then you'll love these! The stuffing is delicious and I really liked the addition of different color bell peppers. I used small mushrooms because I like to serve one bite appetizers, but try using larger mushrooms for a great meal. They're delish! The Test Kitchen
1 lbcrab meat (you don't have to use lump, but do not use just claw meat)
20 ozfresh mushrooms, either button mushrooms or small portobello
1/4 cdiced orange bell pepper
1/4 cdiced green bell pepper
1/4 cdiced sweet onion
1/2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
1/3 cseasoned bread crumbs
1 csharp provolone, shredded and set aside
How to Make Heavenly Mushrooms Stuffed with Crab Meat
- Put crab meat, peppers, onion, mayo, bread crumbs, and mozzarella cheese into a bowl and mix. I use my hands.
- Take a 9x13 inch baking dish and spray with spray oil such as Pam.
- Take the stem out of each mushroom and with your hand place crab meat mixture in firmly, making it rounded and place in your baking pan.
- Do with with all of the mushrooms until all of the crab meat mixture is gone.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded sharp Provolone.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.