Healthier Version ofBeer Battered Tilapia - Dana's
3 Tbspwhole wheat flour
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/4 tspground cumin
1/4 tspground cayenne
1/4 tspmrs. dash original seasoning blend
1/2 cbeer (i used natural light)
1 lbtilapia fillets (cut them down the center)
How to Make Healthier Version ofBeer Battered Tilapia - Dana's
- I purchased Walmart frozen Natural Tilapia in a packet. Thawed it out, took some Mrs. Dash original seasoning blend and sprinkled it over the fish (this is in addition to the 1/4 tsp I put in my batter). Covered the plate with a paper towel and allowed to sit for a few moments so that the seasoning and fish had time to blend together.
- While my fish and Mrs. Dash were getting to know each other, I took a medium shallow dish and added both flours, the spices (cumin and cayenne) and the 1/4 tsp of Mrs. Dash original seasoning blend, and the beer and whisked it until well blended.
- I pulled out a medium as I do not have a larger non-stick fry pan and drizzled the bottom with some olive oil, probably about 2 teaspoons. Heat it to medium-high. Dip the fish in the beer batter and let the excess drip back into the bowl, place in your hot pan and brown both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes tops. Depending on your fry pan, you may have to do this in two batches. I did as I used a medium fry pan.
- Note my fat content was not high at all about 7 total grams and the sodium was very low since I used Mrs. Dash instead of table salt. It turned out wonderful. We just used a dollop of tarter sauce about 1/2 tsp.
- About pictures. Since my digital camera has died due to complication of its chili drowning, I had to use my camera on my phone which is not good. I do not have step pictures but I'm sure you all know how to bread fish.