Halibut au Gratin
- 4 c
- potatoes, peeled, sliced, cooked
- 2 c
- carrots, peeled, sliced, cooked
- 2 lb
- halibut, sliced thick
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, sharp, grated
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- 3 c
- 1/4 c
- onion, diced
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs
How to Make Halibut au Gratin
- 1Preheat oven at 325° F.
- 2Peel and slice potatoes and carrots, boil until done.
- 3Place halibut in a greased glass baking dish. Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
- 4Put 1/2 cup grated cheese over fish.
- 5Place potatoes and carrots evenly over fish.
- 6Make the cream sauce using the butter, flour and milk. Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour to make rue. Add milk slowly to rue, stir until it comes to a boil and thickens.
- 7Add onions to the sauce and pour over the fish and vegetables.
- 8Sprinkle remaining cheese and bread crumbs over top.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes at 325° F. Enjoy! Serves 8.
You can add shrimp or scallops to the fish for a richer dish, and serve on shell.