Halibut au Gratin
4 cpotatoes, peeled, sliced, cooked
2 ccarrots, peeled, sliced, cooked
2 lbhalibut, sliced thick
1 1/2 ccheddar cheese, sharp, grated
1/4 conion, diced
1/2 cbread crumbs
How to Make Halibut au Gratin
- Preheat oven at 325° F.
- Peel and slice potatoes and carrots, boil until done.
- Place halibut in a greased glass baking dish. Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
- Put 1/2 cup grated cheese over fish.
- Place potatoes and carrots evenly over fish.
- Make the cream sauce using the butter, flour and milk. Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour to make rue. Add milk slowly to rue, stir until it comes to a boil and thickens.
- Add onions to the sauce and pour over the fish and vegetables.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bread crumbs over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 325° F. Enjoy! Serves 8.
You can add shrimp or scallops to the fish for a richer dish, and serve on shell.