Grilled Yakitori Chilean Seabass
For simplicity - the first 4 steps and 8 ingredients can be replaced by commercial Yakitori sauce/marinade available at your local Asian grocery saving time and effort!
1/4 ctamari soy sauce
1/4 csoy sauce
1 Tbspdistilled vinegar
1 clovecrushed garlic
1 Tbspcorn starch
1 Tbspcold water
1 1/2 lbchilean seabass
1 bunchscallions - greens only - finely chopped
1 Tbsptoasted sesame seeds
How to Make Grilled Yakitori Chilean Seabass
- Combine first 6 ingredients to make a yakitori marinade. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- While the marinade is heating, whisk together cornstarch and cold water.
- Once marinade comes to a full boil, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Let marinade cool.
- Add mixture to sea bass, toss to coat and marinade for 3 hours.
- Grill sea bass for 2 minutes on one side, rotating each piece 90 degrees after 1 minute to create a cross-hatch pattern (turning the fish over after only 2 minutes prevents the filets from falling apart ).
- Flip fish over and grill for an additional 12-15mins (depending on thickness) until flesh flakes easily, basting regularly with retained yakitori marinade
- Remove from grill and lightly sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions over the fish before serving