Grilled Tuna Steaks
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2ahi tuna steaks, 2-inches thick (1 pound each)
1/4 cextra virgin olive oil
3/4 tspkosher salt
3/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
·basil pesto, purchased or home made
How to Make Grilled Tuna Steaks
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium high heat or preheat a ridged grill pan over a medium high flame.
- Wash and pat the tuna dry with paper towels. Brush both sides of the tuna with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Grill the tuna until just seared on the outside but still rare in the center, about 2 minutes per side. If desired, continue cooking the tuna until just cooked through in the center, about 2 minutes longer per side.
- Using a metal spatula, transfer the tuna to a cutting board and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Using a large sharp knife, cut the tuna across the grain and on a bias into 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange the slices on a serving plate. Drizzle with lemon juice and serve with basil pesto.
To get that perfectly seared outside while maintaining a nice rare (or even raw, if that's your preference) interior, just pop your steaks in the freezer for an hour before you grill.