Grilled Mahimahi with Honey-Macadamia Crust
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 8-ozmahi mahi filets, cut diagonally 1/2-inch thick
1 tspvegetable oil
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 ctoasted macadamia nuts, crushed
1 cfresh pineapple, diced
1/2 cpineapple juice
1 Tbspginger, minced
2 Tbspscallion, thinly sliced
1/4 clime juice
1 tspchili pepper, minced (red or green)
How to Make Grilled Mahimahi with Honey-Macadamia Crust
- Rub fillets lightly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place fish on grill over a medium-hot fire; cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- While second side is cooking, coat the exposed side lightly with honey and sprinkle with crushed mac nuts.
- Flip again; cook another minute or until crust is golden brown.
- Check for doneness by cutting into a piece; it should be completely opaque all the way through.
- Remove fish from grill, cut each in half, and serve.
- Pineapple-Ginger Relish:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups relish.