Grilled Island Ahi With Szechuan Style Shrimp
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
14 ozchinese peas and rice, steamed
4 7-ozahi steaks
1 tspginger, minced
2 ozvegetable oil
1/2 tspgarlic chili paste
1/2 tspmushroom soy sauce
1/2 ozred bell pepper
1/2 ozyellow bell pepper
1/2 ozgreen bell pepper
2 1/4 ozonion
2 1/4 ozgreen onion
1 tspsesame oil
How to Make Grilled Island Ahi With Szechuan Style Shrimp
- Coat ahi evenly with ginger, garlic and oil.
- Combine chopped shrimp with garlic, chili paste, and mushroom soy. Reserve for 30 minutes.
- Chop all peppers and onions into small squares and mix together.
- Have ready a HOT grill and hot saute pan. While grilling the ahi steaks till your desired doneness, keep rice and Chinese peas warm. In hot saute pan, quickly add vegetable and sesame oils and bring to smoking point. Quickly add bell pepper/onions mixture and saute for 30 seconds. Add marinated shrimp and saute for 15 additional seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place Chinese peas in center of each plate. Place ahi on top of peas. Spoon bell pepper and shrimp mixture over each ahi steak.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.