Grilled Halibut with Hazelnut-Raspberry Butter
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4halibut steaks, each about 1-inch thick
2 Tbspolive oil
2 tsponion powder
4 Tbspunsalted butter, softened
2 tspminced shallots
1/3 cuptoasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
1 Tbsplemon juice
12 freshwhole raspberries, for garnish
How to Make Grilled Halibut with Hazelnut-Raspberry Butter
- Remove halibut from refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Coat grill grates with oil, then preheat grill (or oven broiler).
- Crush the 1/4 cup raspberries to a fine puree. If preferred, you can press the puree through a fine sieve to remove seeds.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly stir together the butter, shallots, hazelnuts, lemon juice and raspberry puree until well combined. Store butter in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Coat each halibut steak with oil, then sprinkle a pinch or two of onion powder on each halibut fillet.
- Grill halibut for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until done. Remove halibut to individual serving plates, and top each serving with a heaping tablespoon (or so) of the flavored butter. Garnish servings with fresh raspberries, and serve immediately.