☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 8-oz
- ahi steaks
- 1 c
- soy sauce
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice
- 1 clove
- garlic crushed for each steak
- 4 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 dash(es)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Grilled Ahi Steaks
- 1In a shallow 9 X 13 inch glass dish, prepare all of the marinade ingredients. Remember, if you have more than 2 8 oz tuna steaks, you might need to adjust the ingredients to marinate.
- 2Marinate both sides (dredge steaks and get marinade on both sides).
- 3Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before grilling. Note: Soy sauce will overpower tuna if you marinate for too long!
- 4Light the grill while tuna is marinating. Once coals are white (30 minutes) spread them and clean the grill, then wipe with oil so steaks don't stick.
- 5Grill for 4 minutes or less per side for 1 inch steaks, depending on how you like them. Steaks should be firm with pink in the middle. If you prefer steaks to be more rare, grilling time should be 2 1/2 minutes on each side.