Griddled Trout with Herbs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6fresh cleaned trout
6sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 tablespoon dried
3 ozbutter, softened
18fresh mint leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
6sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
1.5 tspcoarse sea salt
7grinds black pepper
How to Make Griddled Trout with Herbs
- Put one sprig or generous shake of rosemary down the middle of each fish.
- Chop all the other herbs and seasonings and mash them into the soft butter.
- Use this to coat the fish generously on each side.
- Griddle, barbeque or grill it for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the skin is well browned and the flesh flaking off the bone.
- Baste now and then with the butter which runs off.
- Serve at once with lot of fresh bread and a salad or a simple green vegetable.