Griddled Trout with Herbs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- fresh cleaned trout
- sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 tablespoon dried
- 3 oz
- butter, softened
- fresh mint leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
- sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1.5 tsp
- coarse sea salt
- grinds black pepper
How to Make Griddled Trout with Herbs
- 1Put one sprig or generous shake of rosemary down the middle of each fish.
- 2Chop all the other herbs and seasonings and mash them into the soft butter.
- 3Use this to coat the fish generously on each side.
- 4Griddle, barbeque or grill it for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the skin is well browned and the flesh flaking off the bone.
- 5Baste now and then with the butter which runs off.
- 6Serve at once with lot of fresh bread and a salad or a simple green vegetable.