Green Lipped Goddess..." Mussels With Pesto Sauce"
- 1 kg
- new zealand green lipped mussels
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- leek,finely sliced
- 2 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp
- basil pesto
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 large
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Green Lipped Goddess..." Mussels With Pesto Sauce"
- 1wash the mussels in several changes of cold water,then using a small knife,remove the beards.
- 2melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan,add leeks and saute for 5 minutes until soft.
add crushed garlic and cook for another minute.
add the oregano,wine and pesto,bring mixture to the boil.
- 3add mussels,cover pan and steam for 5-10 minutes,stirring occasionally,or until mussels open,discard any that don't open.
add cream to sauce
season with salt and pepper.
- 4divide mussels into serving bowls and cover with the broth.
serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread on the side to mop up the sauce.
- 5TIP....when buying live mussels,choose ones with tightly closed shells that are not broken in any way.Mussels need to be well scrubbed under cold running water and their tough fibrous beards removed.