- haddock filets, as much as you need to serve
- onion, sliced
- 1 stick
- butter, melted and brown, but not burnt
- chopped parsely or chopped dill...capones make it lovely too
How to Make Grandma's Boiled Haddock with Brown Butter
- 1Melt the butter and let it brown, but not burnt.
Boil the Haddock with the onion slowly until tender. I simmer it as in poaching.
- 2Drain. Save the fish broth for making Seafood chowder or Clam chowder.
Place the fish and onions on a hot serving dish and drizzle melted not brown butter over it. Garnish with chopped parsley or chopped dill or capones.
- 3Serve with mashed potatoes amd a green salad.
This is an old German dish.