"Good Ole English Fish and Chips"
Easy and the Real Deal
- 1 can(s)
- (12 oz) soda water
- 1/3 c
- ale or beer for taste
- egg, beaten
- 1 c
- rice flour you can use all pur flour instead
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 4 tsp
- salt more for seasoning
- 2 c
- rice flour for dredging
- 2 lb
- cod fish cut any way you want
- 6 c
- oil in a skillet or deep fryer add oil where your line is for frying.
- malt vinegar for serving
- 2 lb
- large russet or idaho potatoes
- cut into 1/2 inch slices the size of
- your index finger.
- tartar sauce, lemon, or ketchup
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
How to Make "Good Ole English Fish and Chips"
- 1Cut the fries the length of your pinky finger. Place in water 30min.
- 2Drain water when ready to cook. Have a deep fryer or skillet 325 degrees. Cook 5 minutes
- 3Fry then again 15 minutes. Drain and salt and place in oven till ready to use.
- 4For the fish add soda water, ale, and egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix together till smooth.
- 5Dredge the cut fish into the flour and soda water mixture. Let excess drip off.
- 6Fry till golden brown 5 minutes. Add lemon, tarter sauce and malt vinegar.
- 7Try this it works just as well. Buy fish batter in a box add your soda water and ale. Dip fish and fry.
About "Good Ole English Fish and Chips"
You May Also Like:
Show 17 Comments & Reviews