- 1 qt
- jar, wide mouth if possible
- 3/4 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg
- vegetable soup mix, (1.4 oz)
- 1/2 c
- dry milk powder
- 2 1/2 c
- egg noodles
- ~~additional recipe makings (receiver adds):
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 can(s)
- tuna, packed in water (6 oz)
- *****see note at bottom
How to Make GIFT IN A JAR: FISHY FISHY TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE
- 1YOU’RE PART - FILL THE JAR
Layer the jar with the ingredients as they are listed above.
Make sure that you pack each layer down tightly so that you can get all the layers in to the jar.
- 2When done seal with lid and ring. You may want to fancy it up with a piece of cloth around the top and some ribbon to attach it and the instructions.
- 3TO THE MIX IT SELF/ PRINT IT OUT LIKE THIS FOR YOUR GUEST:
1 JAR FISHY FISHY TUNA NOODLE MIX
2 1/2 CUPS WATER
1 CAN TUNA (6 OZ)
- 4In a skillet place water and mix over medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often.
Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the noodles are tender, and keep stirring often.
Add the tuna and heated through.
- 5~~~~~ Good side note: Add a note stating what good veggies to mix in with this also like: carrots & peas, green beans, brocollie, etc...
or you can add the can of tuna to the jar it self.
- 6*****NOTE: If you have a Food Saver System with a large jar seal attachment you can use it to seal wide mouth jars and give them as gifts. There is also a regular size seal but it is easier to fill the wide. When filling jars I find that when doing layers that if you press/compress them you can get every thing in that is needed to get in. I find a canning muddier/press works good for me