Fried Whole Catfish
Catfish lightly dusted with flour, salt and pepper or my "All Purpose Breading and Coating", which see.
A simple preparation.
How to Make Fried Whole Catfish
- I fry my catfish in my Chicken Fryer (Large 13" Fry Pan.) I usually put 1/2 to 3/4 inch of oil in pan and heat on high. The pan will handle 4 or 5 at a time.
- Rinse catfish and dry with paper towel. Lightly salt and pepper both sides of catfish.
- Roll or dust catfish with flour, salt and pepper. I use my "All Purpose Breading and Coating", which see. Or use your favorite breading.
- Fry for approximately 30 or 35 minutes, turning frequently. Watch that flour sediment on bottom of pan does not burn.
- Serve with Tartar Sauce and Lemon Wedges, and your favorite potato, rice or salad.
- Try my "Horsey Tartar Sauce", which see. My son's favorite and of his making.