FRIED SOUTHERN CATFISH
Rev BJ Friley
Note: Since I am from Mississippi, my family and I eat this a lot.
1 1/2 call purpose flour
3 tspblack pepper
2 tspground red pepper
1 largeegg, beaten
2 1/2 cself rising cornmeal
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 Tbspdried thyme
·peanut oil for frying
How to Make FRIED SOUTHERN CATFISH
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow pan.
- Stir together buttermilk and egg in a bowl.
- Combine the cornmeal, garlic powder and thyme in a large Ziploc bag.
- Dredge catfish in flour mixture.
- The dip in buttermilk mixture.
- Next shake catfish in sealed Ziploc bag.
- Fry in a deep fryer or heavy duty cast iron skillet in hot peanut oil.
- Serve with hush puppies.