I'm not a catfish person but after trying this recipe I changed my mind.
How to Make Fried Catfish
- 1Pre-heat deep fryer to 350
- 2In a large bowl add flour, corn meal,baking powder,salt
and cayenne pepper, and whisk to combine.
- 3Whisk in the beer make sure to remove lumps, Cut the fish in half length wise to make strips; or cut into bite sized pieces
- 4In a small bowl add the salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Season the fillets with the salt mixture.
- 5Dip each strip in the beer batter and add to the fryer, a few at a time, moving around
so they don't stick.
- 6Fry until brown and crispy about 3-4 mins. Remove from the fryer to a serving plate. Repeat with the remaining fillets and season the fish with lemon juice.
About Fried Catfish
You May Also Like:
Show 3 Comments & Reviews