1 call purpose flour
1 ccorn meal
1 Tbspbaking soda
1 Tbspkosher salt
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
112oz bottle amber beer
1 Tbspblack pepper
2 Tbspgranulated garlic
1 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Fried Catfish
- Pre-heat deep fryer to 350
- In a large bowl add flour, corn meal,baking powder,salt
and cayenne pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the beer make sure to remove lumps, Cut the fish in half length wise to make strips; or cut into bite sized pieces
- In a small bowl add the salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Season the fillets with the salt mixture.
- Dip each strip in the beer batter and add to the fryer, a few at a time, moving around
so they don't stick.
- Fry until brown and crispy about 3-4 mins. Remove from the fryer to a serving plate. Repeat with the remaining fillets and season the fish with lemon juice.