Fresh Trout Florentine1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspsafflower oil
1/4 cgreen onions, minced with tops
1 tspolive oil
1/4 cdry sherry
2 cspinach, fresh and chopped
1/4 cpine nuts
1.25 cwhole wheat bread crumbs
4 Tbspmilk, skim
1/4 tsplemon juice
2.5 lbtrout, cleaned
1 cwhite wine
2 tspunsalted butter
How to Make Fresh Trout Florentine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9x12 inch baking pan with safflower oil.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute green onion in olive oil and sherry until soft.
- Add chopped spinach and pine nuts, and cook until spinach has wilted (2 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Add bread crumbs, milk and lemon juice and mix well.
- Wash and pat trout dry, inside and out.
- Stuff cavity of each trout with one fourth of the spinach mixture.
- Cut 4 sheets of parchment and place 1 trout on each. Set aside.
- In the same skillet combine wine, pepper and butter.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and cook until alcohol has evaporated (2 minutes).
- Pour equal amounts of wine mixture over trout and seal parchment packets.
- Place packets on prepared baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve hot.