French-Style Tuna Melt
1/2french baguette, split lengthwise
26 oz cans solid white albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
1/4 cstore bought black olive tapenade
·juice of l lemon
2 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil (evoo)
1large shallot, finely chopped
1/4 c(a small handful) flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
3sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
·freshly ground black pepper
1plum tomato, thinly sliced
4 ozbrie cheese, sliced/or variety of choice
How to Make French-Style Tuna Melt
- Preheat broiler to medium heat.
- Remove most of the soft bread "guts" from each side of the baguette and place on a cookie sheet. Transfer the sheet to the oven and broil until golden, about 1-2 minutes.
- Once the bread is toasted, combine the tuna, tapenade, lemon juice, EVOO, shallot, parsley, and thyme in a bowl and season with a little black pepper.
- Spread the tuna mixture over the dug-out part of the toasted baguette. Top with the sliced tomatoes and Brie Cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Another variety of cheese such as Swiss or Mozzarella tastes great as a substitution, if Brie Cheese is not preferred.