French-Style Tuna Melt
- french baguette, split lengthwise
- 6 oz cans solid white albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 c
- store bought black olive tapenade
- juice of l lemon
- 2 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil (evoo)
- large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- (a small handful) flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 oz
- brie cheese, sliced/or variety of choice
How to Make French-Style Tuna Melt
- 1Preheat broiler to medium heat.
- 2Remove most of the soft bread "guts" from each side of the baguette and place on a cookie sheet. Transfer the sheet to the oven and broil until golden, about 1-2 minutes.
- 3Once the bread is toasted, combine the tuna, tapenade, lemon juice, EVOO, shallot, parsley, and thyme in a bowl and season with a little black pepper.
- 4Spread the tuna mixture over the dug-out part of the toasted baguette. Top with the sliced tomatoes and Brie Cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- 5Another variety of cheese such as Swiss or Mozzarella tastes great as a substitution, if Brie Cheese is not preferred.