Fluffy Cheesy Swirl Biscuits, Baked w/ Creamy Tuna
- 1 large
- onion diced small
- celery stalks diced very small
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 can(s)
- 10 1/4 oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can(s)
- 10 1/4 ox can of cream of celery soup
- - can(s)
- milk fill the 3 empty soup cans with milk
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley chopped fine (optional)
- frozen bag of sweet baby peas
- 4 can(s)
- white tuna 5 1/4 oz cans
- bisquick follow the directions to make biscuits
- 4 c
- sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 c
- monterey cheese shredded
- 1/4 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- cracked pepper
- "make homemade mash potatoes use a 5 pound bag"
How to Make Fluffy Cheesy Swirl Biscuits, Baked w/ Creamy Tuna
- 1In a large stock pot put the butter and oil in pot, add the chopped onions, celery and sauté on medium heat. Saute until onions are translucent and soft, cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, making sure you do not brown or burn them. After the onions and celery are cooked add the 2 tablespoons of flour to make a roux whisking constantly cooking for 1 to 2 minutes without burning the flour on a medium to low heat, this will thicken your sauce. Add the Cream of Chicken, and Cream of Celery soup. Fill the cans of soup up with milk and pour into stock pot. Whisk until all blended and bubbly, cooking on medium heat. Add the parsley, peas, 1 cup of the Sharp Shredded Cheese, tuna, salt and Pepper stirring and whisking until well blended. After this mixture has reach a bubbly state turn down to a very low heat.
- 2Now lets make biscuits. The Bisquick Mix tells you right on the side of the box how to make the biscuits. Follow the directions when your dough is all formed and ready to go dump out of bowl on to a lightly floured surface. Take out your rolling pin and roll out dough until paper thin. It does not have to be perfect and it can be in a big circle, it will be fine. Once you get the dough thin add 1 1/2 cups of Sharp Shredded Cheese and 1 1/2 cups of the Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese sprinkling all over the dough until it is covered. Start where the dough edge that is closest to you is start rolling it away from you until you have rolled the dough into a log. Now pinch the sides closed and pinch the edges to keep it closed. Slice dough 2 1/2 inches wide. You will make this dough log twice to be able to cover the top of your casserole dish.
- 3Lightly spray your casserole dish with oil. Bring up the heat on your tuna mixture until it is bubbly hot then pour mixture into the casserole dish. It's important that the creamy tuna mixture is really bubbly hot so it will cook the bottom of the rolls. Take your cheesy swirl rolls and place on top of the creamy tuna mixture, placing them on top until all the surface is covered in glorious cheesy swirl biscuits. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 375. You must serve this with homemade mash potatoes! Pour the cooked cream tuna mixture over the potatoes and top with your fluffy cheesy biscuits. Enjoy!