Fish Hunan Style1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbfresh fish filets
3 Tbspsoy sauce
3 Tbspdry sherry
1 Tbspfresh ginger
1 Tbspminced garlic
2 Tbspgreen onions, finely chopped
·floured bread crumbs
1 Tbspred pepper, crushed
1 cchicken broth
3 Tbspbrown sugar
1 Tbspcornstarch mixed with 1 teaspoon of water
How to Make Fish Hunan Style
- Make marinade out of soy sauce, sherry, ginger, garlic and green onion.
- Cut fish into about 2 inch pieces and marinate for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade and save marinade for later sauce.
- Dip fish in beaten egg, then in floured bread crumbs.
- Fry in about an inch of shortening until nicely browned.
- Set aside while you make sauce.
- SAUCE: To the reserved marinade add red pepper, broth and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixed with water.
- Bring to a boil once more.
- Serve sauce hot over fish with noodles or rice.