Finnan Haddie (Smoked Haddock) Flavors of Cape Cod
The picture and recipe are from the cook book "Flavors of Cape Cod"
- 2 lb
- finnan haddie (smoked haddock)
- 2 c
- milk or half and half
- 1 1/2 c
- bec'hamel sauce (recipe follows)
- potatoes, parboiled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- chicken broth (can use some of the stock from the soaked fish)
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice
- salt to taste,sliced thin lemons and parsley for garnish
MELT BUTTER AND ADD FLOUR, BLEND WELL, REMOVE FROM HEAT AND ADD BROTH. HEAT STIRRING CONSTANTLY TIL THICKENED. WHISK IN LEMON JUICE, POUR OVER FISH AND GARNISH W/LEMON SLICES
How to Make Finnan Haddie (Smoked Haddock) Flavors of Cape Cod
- 1Soak finnan haddie which has had skin and bones (if any) removed in lukewarm milk or half and half or water for 30-40 minutes. Drain well. Put fish in 9" X 13" baking dish.
Surround the fish with the quartered potatoes. Cover with Bechamel sauce.
Bake in a 350 degree oven until potatoes are done =45 to 60 minutes. Serves 4-6
(picture from Ifood)