Field Greens with Shrimp, Corn and Ginger1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbsporange juice
3 Tbspolive oil
1ginger root, peeled piece, finely chopped
·salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 largeear corn, kernels cut off
1 Tbspolive oil
24 largeshrimp, peeled and deveined
7 cmixed salad greens
2 Tbspgreen onions, minced
How to Make Field Greens with Shrimp, Corn and Ginger
- For the Ginger Dressing, mix the mayonnaise in a small bowl with the vinegar and water or orange juice.
- Whisk in the oil in a slow, thin stream.
- Press each ginger slice in a garlic press over a small glass, yielding about 2 teaspoons of juice.
- Add the ginger juice to the dressing to taste.
- Season with salt and pepper. (This can be prepared ahead, covered and set aside at room temperature for about 2 hours or refrigerated until 1 hour before serving.)
- Cook corn kernels in a pot of simmering water for 5 minutes; drain. (This can be prepared ahead and set aside at room temperature.)
- Place a heavy small nonstick skillet over medium heat and film it with about 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the shrimp and cook until just pink, for about 2 minutes total, turning with tongs halfway. (This can be prepared ahead and set aside at cool room temperature for several hours.)
- To serve, mix the corn and salad greens in a large bowl.
- Gently toss with enough dressing to coat lightly.
- Mound the salad in the center of 4 or 6 large plates.
- Mix the shrimp with several tablespoons of the remaining dressing to coat lightly.
- Arrange the shrimp around the salad.
- Sprinkle the salad with green onions.
- Serve immediately.