Fast with Five: Almond Trout1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- almonds, sliced
- 1.5 lb
- trout filets
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 c
- green onions, finely chopped
How to Make Fast with Five: Almond Trout
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until browned and sizzling stips.
- 2Stir in almonds; cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- 3With slotted spoon, remove and set aside.
- 4Add trout filets, skin side up; cook for 4-5 minutes or until edges are opaque and bottom is browned.
- 5Turn filets and cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- 7With slotted spatula, remove filets to serving platter.
- 8Return almonds to pan; stir in green onions.
- 9Pour over fish.
- 10Add a green vegetable such as frozen asparagus, plus rice fluffed and well seasoned with fresh parsley.