Fast with Five: Almond Trout1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 calmonds, sliced
1.5 lbtrout filets
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/4 cgreen onions, finely chopped
How to Make Fast with Five: Almond Trout
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until browned and sizzling stips.
- Stir in almonds; cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- With slotted spoon, remove and set aside.
- Add trout filets, skin side up; cook for 4-5 minutes or until edges are opaque and bottom is browned.
- Turn filets and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- With slotted spatula, remove filets to serving platter.
- Return almonds to pan; stir in green onions.
- Pour over fish.
- Add a green vegetable such as frozen asparagus, plus rice fluffed and well seasoned with fresh parsley.