Fall Favorite Fish and Potato Soup/Chowder
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- 4 c
- 6 c
- potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 lb
- fish filets, your choice, fresh/frozen cut in large chunks
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 c
- 2 can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 1 pkg
- instant mashed potatoes
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Fall Favorite Fish and Potato Soup/Chowder
- 1In a large pot (dutch oven/stock pot) saute onions in 1/2 cup butter.
- 2Add water and bring to a boil.
- 3Add potatoes, cook over medium/high heat for 10 minutes.
- 4Add fish and lemon juice, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add milk, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, one envelope of instant mashed potatoes, 2 tablespoons butter and garlic, stirring often; heat until butter melts. Serve hot and enjoy.
- 6*variation.....for soup, omit instant potatoes. Instant potatoes give the soup a chowder-like texture.
- 7*suggestion, I served this wonderful dish in bread bowls, the kids loved it!