Fall Favorite Fish and Potato Soup/Chowder
1 largeonion, chopped
6 cpotatoes, peeled and diced
2 lbfish filets, your choice, fresh/frozen cut in large chunks
3 Tbsplemon juice
2 can(s)evaporated milk
2 1/2 tspsalt
1 pkginstant mashed potatoes
How to Make Fall Favorite Fish and Potato Soup/Chowder
- In a large pot (dutch oven/stock pot) saute onions in 1/2 cup butter.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes, cook over medium/high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add fish and lemon juice, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add milk, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, one envelope of instant mashed potatoes, 2 tablespoons butter and garlic, stirring often; heat until butter melts. Serve hot and enjoy.
- *variation.....for soup, omit instant potatoes. Instant potatoes give the soup a chowder-like texture.
- *suggestion, I served this wonderful dish in bread bowls, the kids loved it!