- 2 lb
- large shrimp-peeled & deveined
- cajun seasoning-or old bay-or-crab seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 c
- small shallot diced fine
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- puff pastry shells-prebaked
- snipped fresh chives for beautiful garnish
How to Make EASY Cajun Shrimp w/Champagne Cream Sauce
- 1If serving in puff pastry-bake puff pastry shells first.
In a large saute pan-heat oil and butter.
Season shrimp well and cook through in pan with butter and oil until no longer pink.
Set aside shrimp.
- 2In same pan, saute shallots until soft-add a touch of butter if needed.
Deglaze the pan with champagne. Bring to a simmer.
- 3Add heavy cream to pan.
Simmer and continuously stir, reducing the sauce by half or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon
- 4Add shrimp to sauce right before serving.
Serve in pre -baked puff pastry cups and garnish with chives.
Can be served over any pasta, rice, potato as well!
***THIS IS EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD SERVED OVER FRIED GREEN OR RED TOMATOES!***