Down East Baked Flounder
Tara Guthrie Lucas
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large
- flounder fillet (or whole flounder), cleaned and rinsed (fish should fit into a 9" x 13" baking dish)
- 3 or 4 medium
- red skin potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 medium
- sweet or yellow onion
- 1/2 stick
- butter or margarine
- salt and black pepper, to taste
How to Make Down East Baked Flounder
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" X 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Place prepared flounder in baking dish with the flesh side up.
- 2Slice peeled potatoes into 1/4-inch thick round slices. Place potato slices around sides of baking dish and around flounder in bottom of pan. Add salt and pepper to taste on fish and potatoes. (This is good with a little extra pepper!) Top with sliced onion rings. Add enough water in the bottom of the baking dish to come up around sides of fish a little, but not to cover it. Dot with butter or margarine on top of fish.
- 3Bake in preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and flounder flakes with a fork. Enjoy!