Dad's smoked fish (Blue Back)(Salmon)
8 fish(11" to 12" long)
1 csoy sauce
1 capple juice
1/8 csalt (do not use iodized salt)
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 tspgarlic salt
1/2 tsponion salt
·cherry or alder wood chips
How to Make Dad's smoked fish (Blue Back)(Salmon)
- Prep fish. You can use any kind of fish that you want. Small to large depending on your smoker. Large fish need to be cut up in smaller pieces.
My dad has a small smoker so adjust if needed for larger ones.
- My brother-in-law uses this, but adds red pepper flakes & tobasco to his taste.
- Mix all ingredients for the brine. Mix up really good. Add your fish and leave over night.
- Next morning, remove fish. Set on paper towels and dab with paper towels. Do not wipe.
- Get your smoker ready. Spray racks with a non-stick spray for easier clean-up.
- Lay fish on racks, skin side down. Follow directions for your smoker.
- You will need at least 3 pans chips: Cherry or Alder wood chips. You can also use 1/2 cherry & 1/2
Alder for each pan
- Smoke for 5 to 6 hours